Let’s face it – we women love to and buying that jewelry is no different. Buying costume jewelry is a whole lot of fun. Now that said it can also be exciting and very confusing and especially if you are searching for quality affordable costume jewelry.
Whether you are shopping for a jewelry gift for someone very special or you’ve decided it’s time to treat yourself, you need to know how to get the best costume jewelry on the market. These 10 tips will help you get the best buy on the market.
- If you are looking for a costume jewelry piece that is specific you need to be sure to shop around and do some price comparison. By purchasing online you can save a lot and find a great deal. Chances it will be much lower than what local prices can offer.
- Even costume jewelry comes in a variety of qualities. Some very high quality made with the best materials including rhinestones, Swarovski crystals, and sterling silver. Others are made from cut glass, plated metals. Or a host of great materials that are affordable.
- If you don’t know the return policies ask. Don’t assume anything. If you are buying online read about their policies and if you can’t find them then you need to email and ask.
- You can buy awesome faux pearl costume jewelry and it will fool your toughest critics. And you can relax and wear your fabulous pearl pieces without worrying about loss or damage. Just enjoy them.
- If you are purchasing designer costume jewelry pieces like Grosse, Trifari, or Cine, ensure the pieces are authentic and you are paying a fair market price. Shop around and make sure to shop online.
- If you aren’t familiar with the company do your homework on the company before you buy. Make sure that you are comfortable with the policies of the company.
- If you are purchasing online from a company you are unfamiliar with or unsure a good rule of thumb is to never spend more than you are willing to loose.
- Make sure you have all the details on the costume jewelry so that you aren’t surprised. For example, don’t assume something is sterling silver unless you’ve been told as such.
- Make sure you understand the guarantee. Many companies only provide a store credit and will not refund your money. They keep their rules.
- If you’re buying online, ask how they ship and when you can expect delivery. This is especially important if you need fashion costume jewelry for gifts. You don’t want to be late.
Now that you’ve got these 10 tips for costume jewelry shopping you should be getting some great buys. So what are you looking for?